During 2011, St John's Shopping Centre will have a community chest of £5000 to help local community projects. All you need to do is apply to Community Chest, tell us what your project is all about and how much money you need. It couldn't be easier. So if your club needs a new football strip, or you're looking for a sponsor to help out with an event, let us know.
Community Chest Awards will be made on three separate occasions during 2011, so make sure you submit your application form in plenty of time. The deadlines for submission are:
- 31st March 2011 (Round One is Now Closed)
- 30th June 2011 (Round Two is now Closed)
- 30th September 2011 (Round 3 is now Closed)
- Requests for funding must be for a value between £100 (minimum) and £750 (maximum)
- You must be able to use the funding within a 4 month period of it being awarded
- You must be able to provide St John's Shopping Centre a branded presence in return for the funding (e.g logo on football kit, advert in event programme)
Round 3 Award Recipients
- Fair City Rollers (449 votes): £350 award for repairs to an indoor roller track
- Burrelton Tennis Club (448 votes): £500 award for new tennis balls and a table tennis table.
- Jeanfield Swifts Blacks Youth Football Club U13’s (343 votes): £700 award for a new outdoor kit.
Round 2 Award Recipients
- Burrelton & Woodside Senior Club (138 votes): £300 award for new games tables
- SLS Baton Twirlers (94 votes): £500 award for new batons
- 73rd West Carse Scout Group (81 votes): £720 award for a patrol tent, flysheet and separators.
Round 1 Award Recipients
- Perth Phoenix Basketball Club (105 votes): £500 award for new strips and tracksuits
- PKAVS (88 votes): £500 for branded running vests for fundraisers
- Moncrieffe Bowling Club (74 votes): £250 for bowling green maintenance equipment
- Perth High School PE Department (50 votes): £525 for team hoodies and rainjackets
The Voting Process
When the finalists are announced, voting takes place online on Facebook.com. You will require a Facebook account in order to vote.
To vote, you need to follow these simple steps:
1) Visit St John’s Shopping Centre’s Facebook page at www.facebook.com/stjshopping
2) If you are not already a fan of the page, you will need to "Like" the page first in order to vote
3) Select the Community Chest Round 3 Voting photo album and browse through the projects.
4) If you see a project you want to vote for click "Like" on that project’s photo.
5) You can vote for more than one project, but you can only vote for each project once.
If you do not have a Facebook account, you can sign up to Facebook for free at www.facebook.com