Entries for our Spooky Stories Competition are NOW OPEN!
We are inviting all super imaginative Primary aged kids to take part in a spooky story-writing competition for Hallowe’en. There are some TOP prizes including a voucher for Waterstones and the winning tale being illustrated by a professional artist and displayed in the window of Waterstones in the shopping centre.
The winner will receive £50 gift voucher for Waterstones, and receive a large, framed print of their story illustrated by local children’s illustrator, Charlie Dear from Charliedoodles.co.uk. Waterstones will also make a feature window showcasing the winning story!
2nd & 3rd prize will receive £30 gift voucher for Waterstones.
The Top three competition entries will be published on local online magazine Small City Big Personality.
Enter by sending your story to email@example.com before Friday 20th October – good-luck!
- All stories should be the original work of the author, and must not have been entered in any other competition.
- Stories must be a maximum of 250 words long.
- All entrants must be primary school aged pupils.
- Entries can be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org or posted to Halloween Competition, Centre Management, St John’s Shopping Centre, King Edward Street, Perth PH1 5UB.
- Entries must be received by the closing date of 20 October 2017. Late entries may not be accepted.
- Judging will be made by representatives of St John’s Shopping Centre, Small City Big Personality and Charliedoodles. The judge’s decision is final.
- First Prize winner will receive £50 gift voucher for Waterstones, a large, framed illustrated print of their story. Waterstones will also make a feature window showcasing the winning story. 2nd and 3rd prize will receive £30 gift voucher for Waterstones.
- Prizes are not transferable and alternatives will not be offered.
- Prizewinners must be agreeable to take part in a press photocall where they will receive their prizes.
- By entering the competition, the author agrees to allow St John’s Shopping Centre to publish their stories on their website and Facebook page for publicity. The author will be named in all publicity.